Welcome to the Blog of St Mary's Nursery @ The Park.
The Pavilion Corporation Park
West Park Road
Blackburn.

We are open Monday to Friday 9.00 - 12.00 & 1.00 - 4.00 term time.

Contact us on 01254 677788.

Tuesday 6 June 2017

Amanda's fast for Cancer Research

Hi everyone,

Well almost a week and a half into Ramadan now and I am doing ok. It of course took a lot of adjusting at the beginning and I have been trying to educate my year old as to why his mummy has stopped eating. This week was an eye opener as I returned back to work and I have felt the hunger more especially around lunch time. Last week while I was off work I had a good sort out at home and took a large collection of clothes to Maundy Relief.

Maundy Relief - Our aim is to provide an immediate response to poverty and need in the local community.
 
We work on the frontline in the community by responding immediately to need, whether physical, mental, emotional or spiritual. If there is nowhere else to turn, then try Maundy Relief.
Our services are available to everyone regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or cultural background.  The dignity of each person is paramount. 
 
Knowing I am raising money for such an amazing cause is keeping me focused and determined. I have raised about £150 so far. If anyone would like to sponsor me I have a collection basket at nursery or I have a donation page on www.justgiving.com search for Amanda Halstead and thank you for all your continued support. Thank you to everyone who has been asking how I am getting on. Safe fasting everyone, almost half way there x x x.

My two boys with our donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment